A plan of the new classroom.
The rooms which were occupied by the youngest children were in the part of the building nearest the church. This extension was built in 1895 and shows the existing School Room, the cloakroom and one other class room. This part of the building has now been demolished to make way for Belfry Drive.
For many years the schoolroom was divided by a curtain and two classes were taught side by side. The heating was by coal fires and these are clearly shown - in a corner of the new room and on the outside wall in the school room. The document is held in the School Archives.