Bright Street Methodist Church
The original Methodist Church was built in Bright Street in 1891. The purchase of the land took place in July and the foundation stone was laid in August. The cost of the building was £390.10s.0d and the chapel’s first services were held on 4th October. Repairs and alterations took place in 1902, 1914 and 1926. The building proved unsuitable and in need of further repairs and in 1960 a sum of money from a Trust Fund enabled the trustees of the chapel to demolish the old building and replace it with the present one which now faces Cobden Street.