Kathleen Corcoran, headmistress of Meadow Park Infants’ School
Kathleen Corcoran was appointed head of the new Infants’ School which was named Meadow Park and built on the edge of the new housing development of Wollaston Farm in 1959. She retired in 1980 and saw the merger of the infants and juniors in 1984. Her previous posts had been at Colley Lane and Gig Mill School where she had been deputy head.
The children in the photograph are: back row - Andrew Pitt, Matthew Edmonds, David Price and Spencer Whiteway; middle row - Nerissa Harper, Matthew Snedker, Kathleen Corcoran, Nicholas Sherry, Jimmy McKregan; front - cousins Anne Clark and Helen Clark.