Stour House was built in 1957 for Farley Steel Industries. It changed hands in 1962 and again 10 years later when it became part of the BSR group who were established on the opposite side of High Street and where record changers had been manufactured. They had been a major employer in Wollaston and the surrounding area. The new property became Astec and lasted until about 1989. It is now occupied by Palace Furniture who make furniture for pub, restaurants and other public buildings.