The Bull’s Head
One of the High Street public houses, The Bull’s Head, was named in Melville’s Directory of 1852 and in the 1851 and 1861 censuses the owner and licensee was Benjamin Brazier. In Kelley’s Directory for 1940 the address was 62 High Street and the licensee was William Nuttall Hurst. The garden at the rear is now a car park. In 2010 its use was changed when it became an Indian restaurant called Red Forte.