The new school hall, 1959
When the infants left the old building in 1959 the school was renovated and new buildings were added behind the main building. The hall was a much needed space and used for assembly, P.E., music and many other activities including lunch time and after school clubs and groups. The hall was also used by many outside groups and the addition of a kitchen and cloakroom meant that meetings and functions could be held without the necessity of opening up the rest of the building.
Before this time the school classrooms had been used by church groups for fund raising and social events and this often meant that the children had to rearrange their desks and other furniture and some lessons were abandoned in the course of the preparations.