Wollaston Farm Estate
Plans for a housing development on Wollaston Farm were first discussed by Stourbridge Council in the 1930s. The war meant that there was a delay in planning and construction until the 1950s. In August 1952 the plans were finally approved and building began in 1952. Building was planned in stages and the shops and flats shown here were completed by May 1954. The main road which ran round the boundary of the estate was named The Kingsway and over 600 houses were built. This photo shows the row of shops just below Meadow Park Infants’ School, which opened in 1959, now St James’s Primary School.