Wollaston Home Guard
Many men who were too old to be called into the armed forces during the war together with those in restricted occupations formed a company of the Home Guard in 1940. In this photograph there are just some of the 232 members of D Company of the 10th Worcestershire Battalion. Their commander was Major Frank Heijl who ran a tailors and furriers business at 149 Bridgnorth Road, on the corner Duncombe Street. Training took place in the old Eggington Farm buildings.