Wollaston Methodist Church
The first Methodist Church was built in Bright Street and opened in 1891. A Sunday School was established and by 1902 there were around 200 children attending. A youth club was founded in 1944 and lasted for 40 years, finally closing in 1986; many other groups met and still meet at the church. There were many repairs and alterations in 1902, 1914, 1926, 1949 and 1959. In 1960 money from a trust fund became available and the old building was demolished and replaced with this new church which opened in 1961. The morning Sunday School closed in 1970. The entrance to the new building is now in Cobden Street.