150th Anniversary of St James’s Church
St James’s Church held a special service on the morning of Sunday 19th September 2010 and the cover of the Service Sheet is shown here. The Bishop of Worcester was present and during the first hymn items from Community Groups were placed at the front of the Church. HOW’s book - “A History of Wollaston Schools - 1859 to 1984” was presented by Anne Penn, the headteacher of the Church School and the book - “A History of Wollaston Church” was presented by Janet Byard-Jones. The Scouts, Cubs, Guides and Brownies paraded to the Altar with their standards. The Church was decorated with flower displays organised by Lorna Singleton and the flower arrangers
During the week before the service a display by HOW was left in the Church with many items and photographs showing the development of the Church in the village and many of the parishioners, members of the clergy and the P.C.C.