The Gate Hangs Well
This public house was originally a private house, built about 1806. The earliest record of the property being used as licensed premises is 1827. This photograph was taken in the 1930s looking along High Park Avenue. A Bowling Club was opened in 1906 In the garden which was next to the building. There is now a car park where the garden was. In an article in The County Express, dated 21 April 1906, praise was given to the landlord, Mr T Higgins, for the manner in which he had prepared the greens.