Wollaston Garage in Bridgnorth Road, opposite the school buildings, was established as a vehicle repair shop and taxi service by Eric Heynes in the 1920s. When the original garage went into liquidation in June 1924 he bought the premises. A showroom was built in front of the small cottage and cars were sold from there with a workshop for vehicle repairs towards the back of the property. It remained in the Heynes family until the 21st century. This illustration shows six mechanics working on a number of vehicles in the 1940s. In 2009 the site was sold and developed as Aldi supermarket.