Wollaston in 1827
L O Davies’ survey of Wollaston in 1827 produced the most detailed map of the hamlet to date. He identified inhabited properties by colouring them red, and gave each property or parcel of land a number. Starting at the top there is Wollaston Mills, at that date being worked by Samuel Hodgson & Co. Five of the cottages around the Mills were inhabited. Below is Wollaston Hall, where the Addenbrooke family were in residence, whilst in the hamlet itself there were 26 inhabited houses.