Wollaston Junction with trams
The interconnectedness of the KLR and Enville Street lines is seen to advantage in this view taken from about where the present bus stop is in Wollaston. Someone in a boater is getting off the KLR car at left whilst its conductor attracts the attention of a fellow conductor off another car. Over on the right some young ladies disembark from an Enville Street car. The extent of the road made up by law by the tramway company is also very evident here – between the rails, between pairs of tracks and 18 inches either side. At right the parade of shops has changed remarkably little. These were built in 1853 as ‘Hume Place’ named, as an in-joke, after two prominent Liberal politicians of the day: Mr Hume and Mr Place!