The Albion public house.
There were many public houses in Wollaston built mainly to provide refreshment for the many workers employed at Bradley’s Ironworks and in the glass trade. The Albion was in what was known as Withy Bank but is now Bridgnorth Road, between King Street and the few remaining houses opposite St James’s Church. The Albion is named in the 1841 census and closed in 1921. The landlady standing with her family on the steps was Mary Kendrick. Following its closure it reverted to a private house but was demolished in 1975 to make way for the new houses which stand at a distance from Bridgnorth Road.