The church bells arriving at the church in 1939.
In 1938 there was concern for the safety of the bells as the frames were in a poor condition and work was needed which would cost about £250. The Parish Magazine for May 1939 carried an appeal for contributions to pay for the work but the cost had already risen to £350. By June £322 had been raised and the bells were taken to the Loughborough Bellfounders, Taylors. The date for their re-dedication was set for 1st October. The vicar, Reg Bamber, was already serving as a chaplain in the Gloucestershire Regiment but he was able to return for the service. This photograph shows the bells being unloaded on their return.