The sale of Wollaston hall, 1899
Henry Onions Firmstone had lived at the Hall from 1859 until his death in April 1899. The Hall was put up for auction on 30th June and was bought by a local ironmaster, Caleb Roberts The plan shows the Hall, the lodges and the grounds and outbuildings. The building overlooked the River Stour which formed the boundary to the east and the main road between the village and the Fish, was to the north. The main drive from High Street is where Apley Road is and the lodge was still lived in until the 1960s.